Online Privacy and Security
Our Privacy Guarantee
At Island Family Pharmacy, we are committed to maintaining our customers’ privacy. We take great care to safeguard the personal information that we collect to ensure that our customers’ privacy is maintained. We have provided this notice to you to describe information collection and use practices at Island Family Pharmacy. This notice describes the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Your personally identifiable information is information that can be used to identify or contact you. Your name, home address, telephone number, and email address are examples of personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include aggregated or de-identified information.
Information We Collect:
We want you to understand how information you provide to us is collected and used. When you interact with Island Family Pharmacy or use our services, we collect certain information about you and the services you use. An example of using our “services” would be when you visit one of our stores or websites. We may collect and store information from you in the following situations:
Information you provide to us directly when you:
- Make an in-store or online purchase, or other transaction with us;
- Participate in survey;
- Request customer service including dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us; or
- Post a review or comment on one of our website, or post other user-generated content on one of our websites or mobile services
Information you provide through the use of our services, including:
- We may do not collect device-specific information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications or services. This includes information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, hardware model, operating system, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- We do not collect Log information. This includes details of how you used our sites or mobile applications including clicks and page information such as the address (or URL) of the website or mobile application you came from before visiting our site or mobile application, which pages you visit on our site or application, which browser you used to view our site or mobile application, and any search terms entered.
- When you use our services, we do not collect information about your physical location through the use of our Services on your mobile phone or device by, for example using satellite, cell phone tower, WiFi signal, beacons.
- We use in-store cameras for security purposes and for operational purposes such as measuring traffic patterns and tracking in-stock levels.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies:
- Remembering your preferences and allowing you to enter your user name less frequently;
- The Options/Settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable these technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser setting, but please note that disabling cookies may impact some of our website’s features and prevent the site from operating properly.
- Flash Cookies:
- We may use or engage a third party that uses Local Stored Objects, sometimes referred to as “Flash Cookies,” and other technologies to collect and store information about the use of our services. A Flash cookie is a small data file placed on your computer or device using Adobe Flash technology. Flash cookies are different from the cookies discussed above because cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To limit the websites that can store information in Flash cookies on your device, you must visit the Adobe website: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
How We Use Your Information:
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your information in a variety of ways, including for the following purposes:
Product and Service Fulfillment
- We use your contact information to respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests and improve your experience.
Our Marketing Purposes
- We use your information to deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, e-mails, mobile messages, and social media notifications about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes.
- We use your information to improve the effectiveness of our services, conduct research and analysis, or to perform other business activities as needed.
Prevention of Fraud and other Harm
- We use your information to detect, prevent or investigate potential security breaches, fraudulent transactions and monitor against theft.
- We may use your information to assist law enforcement and respond to regulatory or other legal inquiries.
How We Share Your Information:
We do not sell, rent, or loan your personal information to any non-affiliated third parties, except as described in this Policy. We will only share your information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Island Family Pharmacy as described below:
When We Work With Service Providers
- We may share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated companies that perform tasks on our behalf related to our business. Such tasks include analyzing site usage data, customer service, electronic and postal mail service, and social and other media services. Third-party service providers only receive your information as necessary to perform their role, and we instruct them not to use your Information for any other purposes.
- We may work with other companies who place cookies, tags, and web beacons on our websites. These companies help operate our websites and provide you with additional products and services.
When Sharing is Required by Law or Helps Us Protect Our Interests
- We will use and disclose your information as necessary or appropriate under applicable law, to comply with legal process, to respond to such requests from public and government authorities, to enforce our terms and conditions, including investigations of potential violations, to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and to allow us to pursue available remedies to limit the damages that we may sustain. In matters involving claims of personal or public safety or in litigation where the data is pertinent, we may use or disclose personal information without your consent or court process.
Non-identifiable or Aggregate information with Third Parties
- We may share non-identifiable or aggregate information with third parties for lawful purposes.
With Your Consent
- At your direction or request, or when you otherwise consent, we may share your information.
By interacting with Island Family Pharmacy as described above, you consent to the practices described in this privacy notice. However, we want you to know that you do have certain choices with regard to how your information is collected and used.
Links to Third-Party Sites:
How We Protect Your Information:
- Island Family Pharmacy recognizes the importance of maintaining the security of your personal information. Whether you are on our website, through our mobile services, or in our stores, we use reasonable security measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards.
- “Phishing” is a common email scam where your email address is used to contact you and ask for personal or sensitive information. Always be cautious when opening links or attachments from unsolicited third parties. Also know that Island Family Pharmacy will not send you emails asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If you are ever asked for this information, you can be confident it is not from Island Family Pharmacy.
Children’s Personal Information
- We recognize the importance of protecting children’s online privacy. Our website and mobile services are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
How To Contact Us:
Phone: (904) 461-1081
Island Family Pharmacy
600 Plantation Island Dr, Unit 3
St Augustine, FL. 32080
Effective Date: 01/01/2018